Sunday, August 31, 2014

T-Minus 30 Minutes

So, here in about 30 minutes, the 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge begins!

My rough draft plans are as follows - 

September - Dark Ages. My goal is to finish up my Anglo-Danes, Vikings, and get a start on my Picts and Welsh. 

October - Zombtober! I've got loads of zombies primed and ready for paint, and loads more awaiting assembly and paint. Will probably work on a lot of post-apocalyptic stuff during oct as well, as I'm expecting Across the Dead Earth KS stuff to arrive any day between now and Oct 31st.

November - Roman Invasion of Britain project that's been in the works for over 2 years now. Roughly 200 1/72 plastics waiting for finishing.

December - 6mm ACW. I have close to 2000 figures that need painted, and I'm planning on putting gods own scale (according to Peter Berry) to the test.

January - WWII. I've got armies for Germans (both early and late war), Brits, Japanese, Americans, Polish, and Russians...with misc. Finns, Italians, and ANZACS - in scales ranging from 6mm to 1/32. I expect my Dad and brother will be jumping in on this.

February - Force on Force project. I have been collecting forces for a couple of campaign ideas for FoF for awhile now - a 2nd American Civil War set in modern times, and a British Civil War set in the 1970's-1980's...maybe controversial...the plus side is, all these figures can and will be used for - Modern Iraq/Afghanistan, Falklands War, A soviet invasion of Western Europe etc.

So, that's the rough plan. We'll see how well I stick to it. Terrain is also a goal for every month.

Something I'd like to see anyone who partakes in the challenge do is at the end, ie March 1st of 2015 - gather everything you've finished, and take a mass picture. I think it'd be cool to see everything compiled together!

Anywho. Good Luck!

3 comments:

  1. Plans?!?!?!

    Good organization brother, I'm just hoping to do a blog post a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're here for encouragement Mik! In the words of a great American - Ralph Schneider, "You can dooo eeet!!!!"

      Delete
  2. I do like the rough plan! I'm lacking one at the moment, other than "do some SAGA stuff, do some zomb-stuff in October"!

    ReplyDelete